Are you interested in free training to help you work with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities?
The Centre for Culture, Ethnicity and Health (CEH), in partnership with the Summer Foundation is running this workshop to build the capacity of support coordinators to provide culturally responsive services.
WHO THIS IS FOR:
• Registered support coordinators • People interested in delivering support coordination
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop explores the needs of services working with CALD communities and disability. By exploring their own culture and values through fun activities, participants reflect on how these affect interactions with CALD clients who have a disability, in the context of the NDIS.
• Effective cross-cultural communication throughout the planning and implementation process
• When and how to use interpreters under NDIS funding
This workshop will be facilitated by CEH trainers Spase Veljanovski and Sophie Dutertre. In the past two years, CEH has trained more than 500 workers in implementing the NDIS in a cross- cultural context.
Workshop participants will understand:
• How culture can affect understanding of disability and access to services
• How to develop successful strategies for cross-cultural communication