Details: The Train it Forward sessions provide knowledge and resources to enable attendees to increase their knowledge of FASD, to better understand its complexity, apply their knowledge to their own work and share knowledge confidently with peers, teams and other colleagues.
After completing this master class, delegates will receive certificates of attendance, resource packs from NOFASD Australia and have an increased understanding of FASD and its effects across communities to enable a better quality of life for those with lived experience of FASD.
The course outline will include:
- History of FASD
- Description of FASD and its types
- Affects of FASD on the individual
- The diagnosis process
- Challenges for individuals living with FASD
- Responding to individuals living with FASD
- Strategies for support and learning
- Frequently asked questions
The attendees will be provided with both hard copy and electronic resources which include a book on Strategies not Solutions, FASD powerpoint with instructions, case management information and useful websites